Wedding in “the paradise” (a very hot one)…
Ailish & Kenny came from San Diego, CA to get married at Fort Zachary Taylor Park here in Key West, FL and held their reception/party at Point5 lounge upstairs of 915 restaurant on Duval Street which is actually really good, you should check it out when you’re down here. One of those stress free weddings where people weren’t running around and looking for things or other people! No formalities either, it was just people having a good time, fun and being together. We survived the heat and I think we all had great time.
· about bride: San Diego native and I am a full-time professor at a local university in Los Angeles.
· about groom: Originally from Miami, Florida, but has lived in CA for about the last 15 years. He was in the military for 12 years and now is in the stunt industry as a stuntman.
· how did you meet: We met in Coronado, CA in 2012 when I was home for the summer during graduate school. Our friend Adam Fritz (he married us) indirectly introduced us one night when we grabbed drinks. Kenny invited me to go paddle boarding with him the next day, and well there you have it.
· who proposed and how: Kenny proposed to me May 2015. He had been traveling a bunch and when he came home we decided to go sailing for the day in Coronado. He was acting kind of weird and fidgety, and next thing I know he opens a box with a ring in it. I was totally surprised!! We had never been ring shopping together and the ring was absolutely perfect. Kenny and my sister had secretly been ring shopping for a while.
· wedding theme/inspiration: I don’t know if I had a theme, more so a vision…. I wanted our wedding to be something simple, laid back, and just all around fun!! We wanted of our family and friends to not only celebrate our love, but also to enjoy their time in such an amazing place.
· why Key West: We chose to have our wedding in Key West because it is our favorite place. We love the laid back vibe, awesome sunsets and weather, great food, and amazing people. His family took me down to Key West four years ago and I immediately knew I wanted to get married there.
· why Filda Konec Photography: I loved your work, it was right up our alley! After we met in person in December I knew you were a perfect fit. Calm, cool, and collected. I seriously love the photos!
· best moment of your wedding day: Hmmm that’s a hard one. Honestly, this sounds lame, but I loved every second of our wedding day and wedding week. Everything about that day was just what we wanted and really was perfect. I felt even more love for Kenny and for our family and friends during the whole process.
· advice you would give to future brides who are planning a wedding/elopement in Key West: Keep it simple, less is more FUN!
bride’s dress: I bought it at Archive Bridal (a locally owned boutique) in Carlsbad, CA. The dress designer was Pronovias and the gown style was called, Plisa. The gowns are all made in Barcelona and they’re just beautiful
bride’s shoes: Jimmy Choo, thank you to my mother-in- law who insisted on buying them haha
something borrowed: I wore my great grandmother’s ring
groom’s suit: Hugo Boss jacket and the rest was from Nordstrom…
groom’s shoes: Timberland
first dance song: Sail Away, by David Gray
rings: My ring is from The Diamond Connection in San Diego.
ceremony venue: Fort Zachary Taylor
reception venue: Nine One Five –Stuart is the best!!
wedding planner: My cousin Marissa White
ceremony officiant: Adam Fritz (our good friend who introduced us)
flowers: Mama Flowers
decoration/centerpieces: My cousin Marissa White – she did all of my arrangements and decorating.
reception music: George Aderhold
hair & make-up: My badass sister, Cashel White
invitations: DayDream Prints
gift/favors: Levy Advertising, Miami FL (my in-laws business)
transportation: Key West Trolley
(click on the photo to open large in new window)