Bobby & Ajay’s wedding at Fort Jefferson consisted of
nearly 5 hours of boat ride, South Florida heat and intense sunshine, melting camera equipment, gallons of sweat but most importantly gathering of families and close friends who came down to witness these two saying their “I do” in historic ruins of Fort Jefferson located at Dry Tortugas National Park here in Florida. I highly recommend checking this state park out, there’s little bit of everything for everyone and the snorkeling is one of the best in South Florida. For more info, check out the parks’ website here: https://www.nps.gov/drto/index.htm. Check out more info and some of my favorite photos below.
- about bride: Ajay is my dance partner and soulmate. She’s got so many talents and interests it’s not even funny! Not only is she a loving mom, she’s a world traveler, excitingly daring and adventurous, has a great singing voice, and has a knockout personality. With Ajay, there’s never a dull moment that goes by. She’s always rockin her independence! Ajay’s goal-oriented attitude inspires me everyday.
- about groom: Bobby is a super fun and adventurous guy. If you ask him if he wants to do something or try something new his answer is yes 99.9% of the time. His passion in life is music and he enjoys classic rock. His favorite band is Van Halen but he is always looking for new and interesting music. Bobby also loves to play music as well. He has a current project that he writes music for and is picking up new ideas for a fresh sound.
- how did you meet: We met through a mutual acquaintance who introduced us at his birthday party and have been inseparable ever since. We danced the night away and in the blink of an eye the evening was through. The day we met, Bobby told Ajay that he would never let her fall and until this day has held his promise.
- who proposed and how: Bobby proposed on an elephant during our trip to Thailand in November 2014. It was pure spontaneity! Our good friend Mike was there to witness and we have a photo keepsake in our living room of the event.
- wedding theme/inspiration: Travel
- why Key West: Key West is a fun laid back atmosphere. We knew that our guests would be able to make a vacation from our destination wedding and be able to enjoy themselves. The point was to wow them enough so that they would be talking about our wedding for years to come.
- why Filda Konec Photography: An avid picture taker, Ajay, was searching for a great photographer in Key West. After hours of research she discovered Filda Konec Photography and fell in love with Filip’s shots. The couple met up with Filip and the rest was history.
- what’s planned for the future: Traveling around the world to the most exotic locations.
- best moment of your wedding day Ajay: Belle’s speech Bobby- to see everyone super happy as I was. Everything just came together perfectly! Just as perfect as my wife and daughter 🙂
- bride’s dress: The wedding dress was custom made by Casablanca Bridal
- bride’s shoes: Blush Pink Badgley Mischka
- something borrowed: Earrings were borrowed from the bride’s friend Michelle
- something blue: Bouquet flowers
- something old: Starfish pin in my hair
- something new: Bobby’s gift of a necklace
- groom’s suit: The groom’s suit was custom made by Pinky’s Taylor.
- groom’s shoes: Black Velvet Tuxedo Shoes by Resso Roth
- wedding colors: Coral and Turquoise
- first dance song: Runaways by The Killers
- Rings: Brides: Modern style band with a Blue Sapphire stone, Grooms: Tungsten
- ceremony venue: Fort Jefferson, Dry Tortugas
- reception venue: Rooftop Cafe
- wedding planner: Just Save the Date
- ceremony officiant: Richard Zak
- Flowers: Stefania Colucciello
- decoration/centerpieces: Handpicked by the Bride and Groom
- Caterer: Rooftop Cafe
- ceremony music: Super cute and was sang by the guests
- reception music: Rusty Lemmon
- Accommodation: Eden House
- Invitations: Shutterfly
- gift/favors: Handmade by Bride and Groom
- Transportation: Various Local Key West Taxi Services
- Entertainers: Rusty Lemmon (solo musician)
- other: Special thank yous to Wednesday Melssen-Vogel and Maria Johnston from Rooftop Cafe, Christina Gonzalez from Just Save the Date. and Rusty Lemmon!
- anything else you’d like to add: Ajay and Bobby’s wedding was the 1st public wedding held at Fort Jefferson in Dry Tortugas. The ceremony guest count was 51 which included Andrea Romanoff from Just Save the Date and our Photographer Filip Konec. Big shout out to those two for making the day amazingly awesome!