Kirsten & Dillain’s beach wedding,
was simple yet elegant, sunny (hot!), colorful and very laid back. They did their first look which is something I urge my couples to do, because: 1) it makes their Florida Keys wedding easier on both bride and groom, the tension just goes away, 2) we can have a quick little talk before the ceremony with both of them present where I remind them to hold it for their first kiss and not to look into the camera much.
Ceremony setup by Say Yes in Key West was on Smather’s beach and the reception was held at Sheraton Suites right across the street which makes it super convenient for couples who get married on Smather’s beach as it’s only a 5 minute walk. Beautiful flowers as always were provided by talented Katya from Karro Events.
Check out some of my favorite photos from Kirsten & Dillain’s beach wedding here in Key West, Florida. Click here for my other Smather’s Beach weddings.
- about bride – 25 year old Christian, medical social worker, and exercise enthusiast.
- about groom – 25 year old Christian and purchasing agent.
- how did you meet – We met when we were 19 at Western Kentucky University. Bride attended WKU, and the groom attend Campbellsville University. They went on the first date during final week, and he moved to WKU the next year.
- who proposed and how – The groom proposed on May 27, 2016 on a peninsula at Green River Lake. “I had to work very early that morning, and we had planned to go to Campbellsville to visit his parents. Little did I know he planned to propose and throw me a graduation party for finishing my Master degree.”
- wedding theme/inspiration – The wedding theme was simple but elegant which fits both of our personalities. We wanted light colors to accent the beaches scenic view.
- why Key West- We both loves the Florida Keys. We traveled to Key West right after we became engaged and we decided it would be perfect for what we wanted.
- why Filda Konec Photography – His photos were very inspirational and captured the moment. “I said we must have him.”
- what’s planned for the future – We plan on traveling as much as possible.
- best moment of your wedding day- Was seeing each other for the first time. “My heart melted when I saw him. There is something so special about seeing the man you have been with for 6 years becoming your husband in front of God, family, and friends.”
- bride’s dress – Lace trumpet style dress from David’s Bridal. “Not sure of the brand—I am not big on knowing brand names.”
- bride’s shoes – Gold with rose accent in the beading.
- something borrowed – A bracelet my mother received from Michael their first year of marriage. I helped him pick it out.
- something blue – Blue ribbon on garter.
- something old – My grandmothers pink necklace that is 55 years old.
- something new – dress and shoes.
- groom’s suit – A rented tan vest and pant suit with pale pink tie.
- groom’s shoes – Rented dark brown dress shoes.
- wedding colors – Pale pink, white and gold.
- first dance song – Did not have one.
- Rings- Simple tungsten and white gold bands.
- ceremony venue – Smathers Beach
- reception venue – Sheraton Suites
- wedding planner – Melissa Ingram
- ceremony officiant – Carl Farette
- flowers – White and pale pink roses
- decoration/centerpieces – Personalized napkins, lanterns centerpieces, photo booth, guest book, quoted mounts, and cake.
- wedding cake – White Chantelle Cake with Mr. and Mrs. cake topper.
- Caterer- Sheraton Suites
- ceremony music – Say Yes in Key West
- reception music – Spotify with speaker
- hair & make-up – Key West Hair and Makeup
- invitations – Minted Invitations
- gift/favors – Koozies
- transportation – Conch Train Tour to downtown/ shuttles